Wednesday, February 3, 2010

2/1/2010 - 2/3/2010

Haven’t been too busy these last couple days and I’ve been doing pretty much the same thing so I’m just gonna jamble them together=)

Monday: Went for a morning run down by the river (AKA our backyard) before work. Got situated with apartment contract/keys and such, all weekend my elevator (or lift as they would call it) key hadn’t been working so it was nice to get that taken care of. First day on the job was BORRRRRRRRRING. Sad but true…Jayme and I read some tons of information about the Special Olympics, met lots of people whom I can only recognize not name and reformatted some papers. The computers in the office were donated so they’re real fast;) and growl when you save anything or make too many clicks in a small amount of time. Kinda funny and hard to get used to but it’s getting better=) Learned how to answer phones on the job and enjoyed my lunch hour sitting in the sun, people watching by the mall. After work Jayme and I went to Target where we thought we’d find an Ethernet cord and a converter but found neither. Turns out that Target here kinda sucks…they seriously only carry clothes (nice ones) but that’s it. So then we were directed to a electronic store where we found both of the things we needed. Came home and made dinner, debated whether to purchase internet through the building and after deciding that Jayme and I would share the service and switch our new cords we bought for one long one. So we went to McDonalds again (only one block away) and checked our necessities of the World Wide Web=)

By morning on Tuesday we had decided that, we were each going to get our own internet plan for the first month and that we wouldn’t need to go switch our cords. (All this internet business was such a problem, if you didn’t notice by now) Either way, we ran before work (It’s like boot camp with Jayme around here) and survived a second day on the job. I worked on sending out invites to very rich people for a cocktail fundraiser next week and Jayme reorganized this huge binder of media releases. Nothing we both couldn’t handle…had lunch on a bench near work where we enjoyed our people watching and such. Afterward had dinner at home, and went for a walk in the evening. Julie and Caty joined us on our adventure and we ended up finding some pubs and clubs mentioned in our “tourist” books. We stationed at some Elephant Pub and I was buzzing after one beer…sad but true. After our one beverage we wandered back to our apartment and did a little internet browsing-I was deprived of it for a week so I needed to catch up on my virtual life;) Then it was time for nigh-night

Wednesday was pretty much the same story, except no running for Shar this morning. I had my internet and I wanted to play=) Work was fine, things seem to be getting better and Jayme and I almost finished that binder. I forgot to mention that yesterday on our evening stroll, I found this sushi place selling “days end” sushi…and since we pass like 5 sushi places on the way to work every day I was craving it like WOAH! =) So I ended up having that for lunch today and was able to sneak on fb to chat with BL this morning…these were the two things that made my day. After work we found our way to the grocery store near by our apartment, Coles, and got a few more snacks for our lunches and some more fresh fruit and veggies! Took the tram back to our place, (cuz it’s free in the city) and listened to Jayme about where we were going and ended up backtracking about 4 blocks…note to self: Jayme may look like she knows where she’s going but really doesn’t. (jk love you girl;) Had a wonderful date with BL over Skype which was just what I needed to cure my bit of homesickness that was lurking into my life. Jayme and I made stir-fry for dinner and then went for another evening stroll with the girls. Found the library, a museum, and some other jazzy things and found our way back home. I finally caught up on blogging (yay) I am soooooooooooooo glad that tomorrow is Thursday because it’s our last day of the week meaning tomorrow is really FRIDAY! WOOT-WOOT!

The past two days it’s been real humid and cloudy so we haven’t been to the beach since Saturday but tomorrow it’s supposed to be real nice and since we don’t have a bedtime to maintain tomorrow night we are definitely going to beach!!! Well sweet dreams my friends, gotta sleep and wake up for my date with BL tomorrow morning before work. Love you all and hope you’re keepin’ up with me!

Cheers,
Shar

2 comments:

  1. Everything sounds so amazing and fun!!!! I hope you are enjoying yourself out there! I want to chat with you soon!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! Kathy Choh I miss your face...please Skype me soon! Thanks for following my blog, I know some posts are more interesting than others, but this weekend we're gonna be doing some sweet stuff so keep following;) hehe

    ReplyDelete