Sunday, February 21, 2010

Too busy to blog?

HOLY MOLY! I forgot to blog for a WEEK…I’m really sorry to keep you all waiting;) Good thing I’ve been keeping up with my bedside journal to help me recap a little bit of last week.

Tuesday 2/9

Planned on going grocery shopping after work, but after getting done an hour early and cuz it was so hot (96*F) we had a change of heart and headed to the beach! So we texted everyone, and ended up meeting up with Caty, Dan and Adrian. I had to purchase sunblock on the way to the beach cuz I had already ran out of my two bottles I brought from home! Pretty crazy, that’ s like a bottle a week!

So Jayme and I just chilled until everyone else came, then we played some intense beach volleyball;) We also watched this magic dude in the street for a bit and found that entertaining. We grabbed a bit to eat from a Mexican restaurant down in Glenelg…I had tacos and they were huge! Jumped on the tram and headed home…

Wednesday 2/10

Got out of work early again today=) and actually made it to the grocery store and market this time. That was the first time we made it to the market and were in awe of all the fresh fruits and vegetables! We went to the botanic gardens for movie in the park and watched ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ on the big screen. It was really sweet, the walk there was 40 minutes and I was in flip-flops and a dress so when I got home I was pooped and my feet were sore=bed time for sharshar.

Thursday 2/11

Work was all about planning and getting things ready for the cocktail party that night. All busy work but didn’t seem to mind it, now that we knew we were actually invited=) Jayme and I got everything ready by 3 and got to go home for a bit to ‘freshin’ up’ and then we had to head back to the Hilton. Dan was in the area so we stopped and said a quick but friendly hello.

We were a little late for the start of the cocktail party but our boss Jenny, didn’t seem to notice. JAYME AND I HAD A BLAST AT THE COCKTAIL PARTY! Part of that could have come from the fact that there was all the free wine and apps you could handle! We met a new supervisor named Kay and she introduced us to some pretty rich and important people who, like everyone else here, loved our American accents. We also met the singer who sings the Special Olympics song, she was amazing! Turns out she’s getting big in the US and is writing songs from Lady Gaga! Crazy. Anyway, if you didn’t guess it, got a little tipsy, headed home and then went to see ‘Valentine’s Day’ with the girls. Nothing makes me wanna leave this beautiful city of Adelaide, keeping busy and having fun;)

Friday 2/12

Jayme and I slept in…felt soooo wonderful to catch up! Then we got ready and went to the Botanic Gardens with the girls, it was really beautiful and I took tons of pictures of all the plants and flowers, surprised? …Didn’t think so=) Since we’re addicted to sushi and not cooking we had that for dinner. Showered and had some shots and met up with our Adelaide buddies. We ended up at the Garden of Unearthly Delights and saw some neat/different things…This guy was standing on top of this ladder and he juggled a knife, fire and an apple-I was pretty amazed. We also checked out this trailer full of creepy puppets, most of them were naked and doing random things-soo weird! Then we headed back to Hindley Street, Dan jumped on the tram to head home and the rest of ended up at the “Bear and Bull” chilled there till we couldn’t stay awake any longer and then us girls headed home.

Saturday 2/13

Slept in again, oops not sorry…went for a wonderful long blade (rollerblade.) Showered, tram’ed it to Glenelg, did some shopping and then headed to the beach. Just chillin at the beach soaking up the sun is what I do best theses days=) Angela finally got here! She’s from MN but goes to school in WI…so I knew she’d be a ball of fun! We all went to HQ (dance club) that night and had a blast…only danced for four hours that night, lol. Enough said.

Sunday 2/14

Not 100%...wondering how I’m going to keep up with the night life of Australia for the next couple months if I’m struggling after two weeks. Ha, but we made it to the beach and then headed to Adrian’s to just chill and watch a movie. On this day at the beach I wrote about all the things I love about Adelaide…here are just a few=)

1- Being able to breathe! No allergies over here and I LOVE IT

2- warm weather, duh!

3- Day-old sushi, after 6pm if we walk down a block or two they’re always selling the sushi from the day for super cheap!

4- Tram ride straight to the beach

5- Living on Hindley Street, right in the middle of everything

6- Sunsets

7- Working out along the river, either early morning or late evening

8- Iced coffee…etc

No comments:

Post a Comment