Monday, February 8, 2010

My first wkend in Adelaide

Well, hello long weekend, I thought you’d never come! Friday= rollerblade day…we just decided that is the law while we’re here. Jayme and I went for a real long rollerblade this morning and it felt amazing! Kinda weird to be rollerblading in February, but I’m def not complaining.

Afterward, we showered, Jayme got her haircut and we were finally off to the beach to get some sun! We met this dude on the tram, named Trezor he was French and decided to come hang with us at the beach with his buddy. Kinda random, but like I said before-Jayme and I were searching for friends. After about all the sun we could stand, we ditched our new friends for shopping and had gelati! Genius idea, both Jayme and I found a dress and then we headed back home.

Amanda, Jayme’s friend/neighbor had been to Adelaide last year and told us that Friday nights people go the “the stag.” So guess where we went? Yup, you got it. Before having our id’s checked the bouncers guessed that we were from Canada because of our accents. They scanned them in some machine and we were on our way. Once inside, these guys walk by shouting US states, “Virginia, California!” Ha, we’re like umm hi…and what are you doing? They go we heard you guys in line, where are you from? This is when we met our best buds, Adrian and Daniel. We informed them that they were both wrong and that Jayme and I were from Minnesota/Wisconsin. Julie from Virginia, ended up going home early and Jayme and I went to a lower-key bar (meaning less techno) with Adrian and Dan. It was pretty chill and since both of the guys had previously been to the US, we just made fun of all the different things between the US and Australia. I taught them awkward turtle and the word sketchy and they told us things to avoid and places to go around here. Overall, a pretty fair exchange and a great time. Jayme and I made it home and were completely sober but thankful for a few more friends=) We also told the guys that we were having a bit of trouble finding g/f’s to chill with while in Aussie and they said that they would introduce us to some of their friends! Basically, we’d had heaps of friends before the weekend was over, at least we hoped so! Lol

Saturday!!! This morning I had skype dates with practically everyone, it was great and much needed after my long week-ish away. Jayme made me go running at like noon and we almost died of heat stroke and then headed to the beach. The weather was great and there were tons of people there! They were even giving people camel rides around the boardwalk, it was hilarious. I snuck a picture with one of the camels when he was getting his tan on. I go to Jayme, I wanna get a picture with it…she’s like ok just go over by it…so I did and right before Jayme took the picture the camel turned his head and looked directly at Jayme like he was ready for his close up! So funny, we laughed for about 5 mins=) (You’ll have to check out her pics to see it!)

Anyway, we did a little more shopping down by Glenelg and I found a new suit, it was a bit of a splurge but worth it since I’ll prolly wear it every day for the next 3 months…we headed back home a bit early and got ready to go out. Caty’s friend from her internship, Nathan, took us (Jayme, Caty, Julie and I) out with his friends on Saturday night. We went to Kimmy’s place to chill and pre-drink as they call it, then went to London and then finally to Red Square. We all had heaps of fun and danced until 3am…only 5 hours of consecutive dancing-crazyyyy. Got to our apartment building (which is right across the street from Red Square) and decided to wonder back out for a snack…finally came home and skyped Steph before hitting the hay…I seriously had the time of my life that night and think that it’ll be hard to top.

Sunday funday, not so fun when you’re not 100%, sleepy and sore! Since we danced so much the night before Jayme canceled “boot camp with Jayme” so thankfully no working out for me. Lynda (Dr. T’s friend) took us to the beach with her car and we met up with Nathan and his friends, Adrian and Dan. It wasn’t anything jazzy…I was just chillin and getting my tan on. Later Lynda took us home and we (Caty, Jayme and I) ended up going back to Glenelg to catch the sunset…well we missed it by about 15 minutes so we got ice cream instead and just hung out by the beach and talked about life. We caught the last tram back to Adelaide and went to bed immediately after we got back…nothing like getting good nights sleep Sunday night before work/internship on Monday;)

2/8

Woke up still feeling tired this morning, even after like 10 hours of sleep…boot camp with Jayme resumed and I was dying of heat the whole time. We ran around 9 am and it was 89*F and HUMID…but beautiful. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I kind-of lost my voice on Saturday night and it still hadn’t come back to full throttle like I had hoped…So sqeak (aka me) and Jayme got ready for our internship and made it there by noon. We did heaps of fun stuff like make nametags for this huge conference/cocktail party this Thursday night and added more stuff to the media folder, fixed our HAP Passport and attended the big Monday night meeting. (Mind you that we would have much rather been home watching the SuperBowl)

Jayme and I hurried home to cook some grub and grabbed, day’s end sushi on the way. Enjoyed, scratch that, inhaled dinner and then hung out with Caty…after deciding to not doing anything we stayed home and caught up on laundry and blogging. Just snatched my laundry outta the dryer and I’m now I’m gonna get some shut-eye. Hope all is well with ya’ll. Are you guys reading this still? Lol Comment or something if you are…kinda feel like I’m talking to myself on here…but really I am. Haha-Night family and friends, love you long time.

2 comments:

  1. Sure Hello Shar, Commenting to let you know people are reading (currently feeling like im back in environmental commenting on group 4's wonderful blogs)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks Heather...hopefully I'll be adding some more interesting things in the near future! thanks for following and hope you're enjoying yourself back home, cheers!

    ReplyDelete